In March 2020, Graham lead a tour to Antarctica, South Georgia, Elephant Island and the Falklands.
The 21 day tour sailed from Ushuaia, Argentina on the Greg Mortimer ship.
The tour travelled in Drake Passage, the Antarctic Peninsula, Elephant Island, the Scotia Sea, South Georgia, the Falkland Islands and Santiago.
- Stepped ashore on the Antarctic Peninsula
- Visited Point Wild on Elephant Island (weather/conditions permitting)
- South Georgia’s king penguins, seals and seabirds
- Followed Shackleton’s footsteps in South Georgia
- Whale-sighting while crossing the Scotia Sea
- Wondrous wildlife breeding cycles at their peak
Featured in the Newcastle Herald
Graham is currently writing his and his wife’s story of their travels to Antarctica and being isolated in their cabins off the coast of Montevideo, Uruguay for 3 weeks on the ship Greg Mortimer. We returned to Australia with another two weeks quarantine in the infamous Rydges Hotel then released to home quarantine back in Maitland for another 2 weeks. There are so many twist and turns with a huge helping of inefficiencies along our long road to home.
Story coming soon with some very beautiful photos of Antarctica.
View the Newcastle Herald Article